It’s D-day before the big event and your perfect outfit, haircut, glowing and healthy skin, all checked but hey wait, is that a zit? Are you kidding me! We all had them, those red beacons calculating and looking for the perfect opportunity to burst and spoil the big event. Are these breakouts a never-ending ordeal, well, acne treatment is tricky. But with a proper skincare routine, there’s a way for acne cure. So, the Earth Rhythm team is here to alarm you with the 5 skincare tips for acne-prone skin.
1. Stay Hands-Off Your Skin: Keep your hands off your face, please! The last thing acne-prone skin needs is to add bacteria and dirt from your hands as it can lead to further infection. Squeezing your acne or pimple not only causes your skin irritation but breakouts too as it comes with the risk of scarring. Not cute, huh?
2. Drink Sufficient Water: Drinking lots of water helps in flushing out impurities out of your body including some of the bacteria that cause acne and pimples. Always opt for water instead of energy drinks or sugary sodas throughout the day. Also, avoid eating spicy food as it might increase your skin’s pH level that triggers acne growth.
3. Remove Your Makeup: Make it a point to always remove your makeup before going to bed. Makeup attracts free radicals that are found in the environment and if we are left to sit on our face, it can cause collagen to break down. And when you sleep in with your makeup, you’re not allowing your skin to recover from the wear and tear of the day.
4. Avoid Hot Water: Avoid using hot water when washing your face as it can strip off the skin’s moisture. Most of us believe that hot water tends to open up the pores and makes them easier to clean but the fact is that it causes the skin to swell up while making the pores look more opened up.
5. Revamp Your Hair Care Routine: Are you getting breakouts and forehead acne? It might be that your hair products are a reason for concern. And if you have oily hair then you need to wash it more often and keep it clean and of course off your face as it will help to prevent breakouts on the face and forehead. Try changing your hair care routine with enriched products that are paraben and fragrance-free.
Product Recommendation For Acne-Prone Skin
Exfoliating Cleanser: It’s an exfoliating cleanser that reveals a healthy complexion. With exfoliating agents such as AHA & BHA, the cleanser gently exfoliates away excess sebum production while providing younger-looking skin and loosening the dulling build on your skin surface.
- Phyto Clear: Stop your search for an oil-free moisturizer! Phyto Clear helps to bring in moisture to your skin without clogging the pores. It balances the oil production and strengthens the skin’s natural moisture barrier. The botanicals such as Centella Asiatica help to calm and hydrate the irritated and compromised skin.
- 10% Niacinamide: As an ingredient, it supports the skin barrier while improving the moisture level, texture, and skin tone. And a Niacinamide serum, supported with Hyaluronic Acid helps to reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles while retaining the skin moisture.
Buy Now: Sunscreen For Acne Prone Skin
Improvements take time and especially when it’s about your skin! Slow down, take a deep breath & follow a proper skincare routine keeping in mind these tips and tricks if you're dealing with acne skin.